Vallejo and Fairfield Law Firm with a Wide Range of Practice Areas
Our scope of practice
The lawyers at Favaro, Lavezzo, Gill, Caretti & Heppell, P.C. provide services in a wide range of practice areas to clients in California's North Bay and Napa Valley regions. Click the links below to learn more about our major areas of practice. For advice or representation on a particular matter, contact our law firm and consult with one of our attorneys.
- Personal injury — Plaintiff representation and related insurance defense in accident or injury cases in which victims are harmed as a result of negligence. Common personal injury cases involve the following:
- Wrongful death — Representation of family members of a deceased individual who lost his or her life because of a personal injury.
- Estate planning — Administration of decedents' estates through court or private proceedings. Drafting wills, trusts and other estate planning documents. Representation in probate and trust disputes. Representation in guardianship and conservatorship proceedings. Preparation of fiduciary accounts and reports. Help with other legal matters involving the following:
- Taxation — Estate, gift, and year-end income tax planning. Addressing issues including generation-skipping transfer tax, planning for charitable gifts and wealth preservation. Representation of clients before the Internal Revenue Service in tax audits and disputes.
- Divorce and family law — Mediation, collaborative resolution and litigation in matters including marital dissolution, legal separation, child custody, child support and property division. Representation in support modifications, marital and pre-marital agreements, termination of parental rights and stepparent adoptions.
- Business and commercial law — Formation of business entities, including partnerships, limited liability companies and charitable organizations. Representation in mergers and acquisitions and commercial transactions. Succession planning for family businesses.
- Criminal defense and DUI defense — Representation for all those charged with felonies or misdemeanors, including DUIs, drug crimes, theft and property crimes, assault and violent crimes including homicide and white collar crimes.
- Real estate — Negotiation of purchase and sales agreements, leases and tax-deferred exchanges. Representation of individuals and institutions in cases involving allegations of fraud, construction defects and lender liability. Litigation involving easements, leases, quiet title, purchase-and-sale agreements, security issues and foreclosure. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) defense.
- Municipal law — Representation of public agencies in a variety of areas, including military base conversion. Land use (CEQA) and zoning matters. Representation of public agencies in eminent domain and inverse condemnation cases.
- Civil litigation — Representation of clients in all forms of civil litigation, including business litigation; prosecution and defense of breach of contract and collection actions; employment law matters; partnership disputes; and representation of automobile dealers.
- Mediation — Alternative Dispute Resolution in all civil matters. Family law/divorce mediation and collaborative law resolution.
Lawyers in Fairfield and Vallejo with experience you can rely on
At Favaro, Lavezzo, Gill, Caretti & Heppell, P.C., we strive to provide our clients with the highest levels of professionalism, accessibility and efficacy. Our diverse scope of practice and adept team of attorneys handle all legal matters with skill. To learn more about our law firm, call 707.674.6057 or contact us online today.
We maintain flexible hours and schedule appointments outside the normal workday when needed. Members of our staff speak Spanish, and we also offer Tagalog and Ilocano translation services. Favaro, Lavezzo, Gill, Caretti & Heppell, P.C. maintains locations in Vallejo, Fairfield and St. Helena, California, and represents clients throughout Solano County, Contra Costa County and Napa County.