The attorneys at Favaro, Lavezzo, Gill, Caretti & Heppell, P.C. provide services in a wide range of practice areas to clients in California's North Bay and Napa Valley regions. Click the links below to learn more about our major areas of practice. For advice or representation on a particular matter, please contact our firm for a consultation with one of our attorneys.
- Business & Commercial Law: Formation of business entities, including partnerships, limited liability companies, and charitable organizations. Representation in mergers and acquisitions and commercial transactions. Succession planning for family businesses.
- Real Estate: Negotiation of purchase and sales agreements, leases, and tax-deferred exchanges. Representation of individuals and institutions in cases involving allegations of fraud, construction defects, and lender liability. Litigation involving easements, leases, quiet title, purchase-and-sale agreements, security issues, and foreclosure. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) defense.
- Municipal Law: Representation of public agencies in a variety of areas, including military base conversion. Land use (CEQA) and zoning matters. Representation of public agencies in eminent domain and inverse condemnation cases.
- Divorce and Family Law: Mediation, collaborative resolution, and litigation in matters including marital dissolution legal separation, child custody support issues, and property division. Representation in support modifications, marital and pre-marital agreements, termination of parental rights, and step-parent adoptions.
- Personal Injury & Wrongful Death: Plaintiff's personal injury and insurance defense.
- Wills, Trusts & Probate: Administration of decedents' estates through court or private proceedings. Drafting wills, trusts, and other estate planning documents. Representation in probate and trust disputes. Representation in guardianship and conservatorship proceedings. Preparation of fiduciary accounts and reports.
- Taxation: Estate, gift, and income tax planning, including generation-skipping transfer tax; planning for charitable gifts; wealth preservation. Representation of clients before the Internal Revenue Service in tax audits and disputes.
- Civil Litigation: Representation of clients in all forms of civil litigation. Business litigation prosecution and defense of breach of contract and collection actions; partnership disputes; and representation of automobile dealers.
- Mediation: Alternative Dispute Resolution in all civil matters. Family law/divorce mediation and collaborative law resolution.
- Criminal Defense & DUI Defense: All felonies and misdemeanors and DUIs. Drug crimes; theft and property crimes; assault and violent crimes, including homicide; white collar crimes.