Charles Wood has been in private practice in Solano County since 2000. Mr. Wood has served as a Deputy District Attorney, and Deputy County Counsel (Solano County). Throughout his nearly twenty-year career in Solano, he has practiced with and against the leading and most prestigious litigators in the County. In addition to experience as a government, then private practice attorney in Solano County, he practiced as a bilingual attorney in San Francisco, and was a successful real estate agent before attending law school. Mr. Wood grew up in Solano County and currently serves the community in several capacities, including the City of Fairfield Planning Commission.
- General Civil Litigation: Representation of clients in all forms of civil litigation, including probate and trust litigation, collection actions, and real estate disputes.
- Real Estate: Negotiation of purchase and sales agreements and leases; representation in landlord/tenant cases; land and zoning issues; real property tax relief; and real property assessment appeals. Representation in co-owner disputes, including partition actions.
- Probate, Wills, and Trusts: Advice and representation in contentious and disputed estate administrations, probate and trust litigation and disputes, and financial elder abuse litigation.
- Business and Commercial: Commercial transactions; commercial lease negotiations; partnership and shareholder disputes and business dissolutions.
- Landlord-Tenant Law: Unlawful detainer actions; advice to residential landlords and property managers; commercial leasing and disputes (both commercial tenants and landlords).
- Land Use/ Environmental Law: Representation of property owners, developers, neighbors, and neighborhood groups, in all matters of County and Municipal law with special emphasis on real estate development, land use, zoning, property rights, and local application of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
- University of San Francisco School of Law, J.D.
- U.C. Berkeley, Haas School of Business, B.S.
Professional Memberships and Activities:
- Planning Commissioner, City of Fairfield
- Director, Fairfield-Suisun Chamber of Commerce
- Executive Board, Fairfield-Suisun Chamber of Commerce
- La Raza Lawyers of Solano County
- State Bar of California
- Solano County Bar Association
- Fairfield-Suisun Rotary