California Injury Lawyers Serve Injured Victims from Offices in Vallejo and Fairfield
Proven firm represents clients in a wide range of accident cases
A serious injury can cause extensive medical damage and severe pain. Along with the physical trauma, you might face a serious threat as bills mount, especially if you are unable to work. The attorneys at Favaro, Lavezzo, Gill, Caretti & Heppell, PC understand the pressure faced by Californians in this situation. Since 1973, we have helped clients recover compensation for their injuries and get their lives back on track. From offices in Vallejo and Fairfield, our firm provides personalized counsel to give you peace of mind during your recovery as we work tirelessly to achieve a full and fair settlement. When defendants will not agree to reasonable terms, you can rely on our skillful advocates to fight effectively for you in court.
Highly professional advocacy for your personal injury claim
At Favaro, Lavezzo, Gill, Caretti & Heppell, PC, our lawyers handle every type of personal injury case, including matters relating to:
- Motor vehicle accidents — Crashes involving cars, motorcycles, trucks, bicycles or pedestrians.
- Medical malpractice — Missed or wrong diagnoses, wrong surgery, wrong prescription, failure to monitor a patient or errors during childbirth that result in injury to the mother or infant.
- Products liability — Dangerously designed products, defectively manufactured products, or products that cause injury to a consumer because of missing or incomplete warnings or instructions.
- Premises liability — Slips, trips, and falls on slippery or uneven surfaces, property in disrepair or construction site accidents.
- Nursing home negligence — Patients in a nursing facility or rehabilitation center who endure physical abuse, malnutrition, emotional abuse or deprivation of services.
- Catastrophic injuries — Personal injuries that have a long-term or permanent affect on the victim’s life, such as back and spine injuries, traumatic brain injuries and limb amputations.
- Wrongful death— Personal injuries that turn fatal.
Our firm takes personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, so there are no upfront costs and you only pay us after you recover through a settlement or verdict.
Why should you hire a PI lawyer?
There are numerous advantages to hiring an experienced personal injury attorney:
- While you focus on your physical recovery, we focus on your legal claim.
- We investigate and collect evidence to help prove the legal elements of your case, identify any at-fault parties and pursue maximum compensation.
- We apply our knowledge of past cases to make an appropriate demand for damages.
- We draft and file the complaint, along with other legal documents.
Perhaps most importantly, we level the playing field between you and the defendant, whose insurance company will work with its legal department to deny your claim.
Factors impacting damages in a California personal injury case
An individual who is injured due to another person’s wrongful act or omission is entitled to financial coverage for the losses he or she suffers. Economic losses can include present and future medical expenses, lost wages, property damage and the loss of future earning capacity. But a plaintiff can also recover for non-economic losses, such as pain and suffering, mental anguish, and emotional distress triggered by the defendant’s negligence.
How much you might recover in your case depends on a number of factors, including:
- The strength of the evidence indicating fault and causation
- The severity of your injuries
- Your prognosis for recovery
- The impact of your injuries on your quality of life
You only have two years from the date of the incident to file a claim, so it is best to act promptly.
The knowledge and resources to handle the most complex negligence claims
A personal injury case can have unforeseen complications. In one wrongful death case, the defendant our client was suing died during litigation. Though the action could proceed against the defendant’s estate, the procedure to resolve the matter was outside the average lawyer’s range of experience. By pooling the knowledge of our litigators and our trust, estate and probate lawyers, we were able to deliver comprehensive legal support to the victim’s family. Our firm created an estate, investigated assets that could be obtained for damages above the insurance policy limit, and settled favorably with the defendant’s legal counsel.
Contact a law firm with proven success in personal injury cases in Fairfield, Vallejo and vicinity
Favaro, Lavezzo, Gill, Caretti & Heppell, PC represents injured clients in personal injury cases throughout the North Bay. If you have been injured or lost a loved one due to another’s carelessness or reckless act, call 707-674-6057 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.