Experienced California lawyers help you maximize the value of your investment
Every parcel of commercial real estate is a unique business asset, presenting specific opportunities and challenges. At Favaro, Lavezzo, Gill, Caretti & Heppell, PC, our real estate attorneys counsel businesses on every aspect of commercial property transactions. We represent clients in negotiations with key parties, such as buyers and sellers, lenders, contractors, landlords, tenants, municipal agencies and government regulators. Our experienced lawyers make sure you’re fully informed at every critical juncture, so you can make the best decisions for your business. From there, we implement effective strategies to help you accomplish your objectives for the property.
Capable representation for issues related to commercial real estate
When developing a business plan, your need for commercial real estate deserves special scrutiny. Our firm performs due diligence to uncover information you might not have considered, alert you to procedures and legal requirements that should factor into your planning, and remove impediments standing between you and a successful venture. Our real estate lawyers have extensive experience with various aspects of commercial real estate issues, including:
- Purchase and sale — We represent buyers and sellers, negotiating terms that add value to the transaction and suggesting contingencies to protect clients’ interests, when appropriate. Regardless of the transaction’s complexity, our attorneys draft contracts in clear, unambiguous terms so all facets of the agreement are easily understood and readily enforceable.
- Title issues — There’s no sense investing in a property if you can’t be sure you own it. We scrupulously research title to uncover any defects, and take decisive steps to cure those defects so you can have confidence your rights are secure.
- Financing — Deals with lenders can be very complex, especially if the value of the development is high and tax abatements are in play. We are adept at creating various financing structures based on our clients’ situation and needs.
- Leases — Whether you are the landlord or the tenant, you want favorable lease terms. For all types of commercial properties, we negotiate and draft rental agreements that clearly state the rights and obligations of each party.
- Permitting, land use and zoning — You can only maximize the value of your commercial parcel if you can use it for your business purposes. At every stage of the development process, our firm helps clients secure state, federal and local permits. When warranted, we pursue variances and rezoning orders to overcome restrictions.
- Regulatory compliance — We advise clients regarding their obligations under various laws related to the environment, employment, workplace safety and other issues. Should you require them, we can draft procedures for your officers to help keep your company in compliance.
When legal conflicts exist, our litigators pursue cost-effective, timely and thorough resolutions to matters related to:
- Breach of contract claims
- Breach of covenant actions
- Lender disputes
- Zoning disputes
- Boundary disputes and alleged encroachment
- Eminent domain and reverse condemnation
- Easement disputes
- Regulatory noncompliance
Our firm has built a reputation for tough, principled advocacy. We employ various methods, such as mediation and arbitration, to control costs and resolve issues quickly whenever possible. However, our litigators are always willing to take worthy cases to court.
Contact our real estate lawyers in Vallejo or Fairfield to discuss your commercial property issue
Favaro, Lavezzo, Gill, Caretti & Heppell, PC represents businesses throughout the North Bay and in Napa Valley in commercial real estate matters. We have offices in Vallejo and Fairfield. To learn more, call us today at 707-674-6057 or contact us online to schedule a consultation.