Experienced Family Lawyers in Vallejo Address Your Most Urgent Concerns
Comprehensive strategies drawn from a broad base of resources
If you need legal representation for a family law issue in Vallejo or anywhere throughout the North Bay, you can trust Favaro, Lavezzo, Gill, Caretti & Heppell, PC for comprehensive solutions. Our firm has an established family law practice, known for personalized and responsive service. But our family law attorneys also draw support from our elder law, estate planning, business law, and civil litigation resources. When you retain our services, you work closely with a knowledgeable lawyer focused on your urgent concerns. And you know that your lawyer is also part of a larger team whose particular experience can bolster your case and facilitate a favorable resolution. Personalized attention and robust resources make ours a firm you can have confidence in.
A tradition of excellence in family law service
Since 1973, our firm has been dedicated to providing quality legal services in the North Bay. Drawing on more than 200 years of combined legal experience, our attorneys strive to be the best in their respective areas of practice. In family law, our accomplished attorneys manage a wide variety of issues, including:
- Adoptions — If you have decided to add a member to your family through adoption, our family lawyers are determined to ensure the legality of your adoption. We help you clear legal hurdles at every step of the process for domestic and international adoptions, agency adoptions, open adoptions, foster care adoptions, stepparent adoptions, single-parent adoptions, same-sex couple adoptions, and grandparent adoptions.
- Child custody — Your children’s welfare is probably your greatest earthly concern. We work with unmarried, divorcing, and divorced parents to obtain and maintain child custody arrangements that protect their parental rights and promote the best interests of their children.
- Divorce — Our determined advocates help you dissolve your marriage on the best terms possible with respect to alimony, child support, child custody and property division. Whether your divorce is contested or uncontested, we guide you through every step of the process so you can start the next stage of your life in the most secure position.
- Guardianship and conservatorship — Working with our estate planning and elder law divisions, we assist clients who are concerned about their vulnerable loved ones. We help parents make guardianship arrangements as part of their will. We also assist clients seeking conservatorship authority to care for an elder loved one who has lost the capacity to manage their finances or to handle the day-to-day tasks required to live independently.
- Paternity — Unmarried parents have an extra hurdle to pass before they can settle child custody and child support issues. Establishing paternity can also add an extra step to the adoption process.
- Property division — California is a community property state, so all assets and debts in the marital estate must be divided 50-50. Nevertheless, the property division process can be complicated by parties asserting that certain items are separate property, presenting conflicting valuations of property, or attempting to hide assets. Our firm’s business law division is a helpful resource for contentious marital property disputes.
A family law dispute can shake your confidence and make you apprehensive about the future. But working closely with an accomplished lawyer from Favaro, Lavezzo, Gill, Caretti & Heppell can restore your peace of mind. You receive personal attention from a highly skilled and responsive advocate, and the diverse scope of our practice gives you an advantage when your family law issues overlap with other areas of the law. Because no legal issue is beyond our firm’s capabilities, you can be confident about being represented by us.
Choose a Vallejo family law attorney you can be confident about
At Favaro, Lavezzo, Gill, Caretti & Heppell, PC, we strive to provide our family law clients with the highest levels of personal attention and professionalism. To learn more about how our law firm can favorably resolve your legal issues, call us today at 707-674-6057 or contact us online to schedule a consultation.